- In a helmet with MIPS Brain Protection System (BPS) the shell & liner are separated by a low friction layer. When MIPS BPS is subjected to an angled impact, the low friction layer allows the helmet to slide relative to the head. MIPS BPS is designed to add protection in helmets against the rotational motion.
- The rotational motion is a combination of rotational energy (angular velocity) & rotational forces (from angular acceleration) that affects the brain & increases the risk for minor & severe brain injuries. MIPS BPS has been proven to reduce rotational motion when implemented in a helmet by absorbing & redirecting rotational energies & forces transferred to the brain.
- The Altitude helmet meets or exceeds DOT & ECE 2205 safety certification standards. It features an innovative dual density, interlocking EPS foam liner that provides top crash protection in the event of an accident. The front chin area of the helmet is protected by a specially designed expanded polyurethane chin insert that provides front impact protection. The outer shell is made of specially designed carbon fiber for maximum shell strength with minimal weight.
- Comes Standard With: universal camera mount, Dual D-ring chin strap for a secure fit, Pro Series Liner and Cheekpads, cold weather breathbox.
- Innovative aerodynamic channels & 8 intake/exhaust vent ports. 8 sizes across 3 outer shell molds ensure excellent fit. Meets and exceeds DOT & ECE 2205 safety certification. DOT/ECE helmet weight from 1230 grams.
The 509 Altitude series excels across four key principles: safety, performance, fit, and style. Revolutionary design means precision fit and sleek profiling that exceeds the competition, plus innovative venting and all-day comfort for aggressive riding. The superlight 509 Altitude Carbon Fiber Pro R-Series Helmet is racing-certified and 100% carbon with the secure fit of a dual D-ring chin strap and the MIPS Brain Protection System for ultimate safety.
Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils and fluids, battery posts, terminals and related accessories which contain lead and lead compounds and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. These chemicals are found in vehicles, vehicle parts and accessories, both new and as replacements. When being serviced, these vehicles generate used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes and particulates, all known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
For more information go to https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.